Wednesday, January 14, 2009

another make-up disaster

this is probably my least favorite thing to write about - but i am a big fan of learning from the mistakes of others. something to think about... you spend tens of thousands on your big day - from the dress to the photographer to the perfect table setting, etc - you pay attention to the most minute details... why skimp on the make-up?? 

in many ways, all the effort you put forth is for nothing if your makeup is bad. 

i am working with a family of ours right now and they are concerned with the skin tones of the bride - and rightfully so - she is washed out in most pictures and her skin tone is off compared to those of others in her bridal party. 

the main issue - the makeup used was not camera ready makeup and as a result, has some reflective properties in it that reflect light. I promise everyone reading this - I dont own stock in a makeup company or get kickback from our makeup artists - there is a huge difference in the makeup you wear everyday and the makeup used for professional pictures or video work. 

and so my point in all this... if you are going to spend all this money on pictures, cake, food, etc - why not spend the extra $100-$200 to get your makeup done and done right?

even if you don't wear a lot of makeup - having a good foundation ensures you are not shiny or washed out when the flash hits your skin. 

please let us know if you have any questions around this - we will help guide you in the right direction to ensure your images represent the real you and not the washed out version! ;) 

1 comment:

Raquita said...

as an up and commer its very important to me that my brides understand what htey really need - I use Lindsey from the MAC store for any of my shoots, I reschedule if shes not avalible, she is what I want outside of my camera and people think thats crazy til they see the difference.